Sunday, November 17, 2013

SWEET CHILI

2 lbs. ground beef
3 cans (16 oz) light red kidney beans (I do not drain)
1 can (28 oz) Crushed tomato in puree
1 cup coffee (yep)
1 bottle dark beer (optional -fortunately if you are like me and don't like dark beer they now sell them individually in some stores)
1 red onion (chopped up)
2 full tablespoons of minced garlic
1/2 cup packed brown sugar 
2 teas. Cumin
1 tbs. chili powder
1 teas black pepper
1 teas salt (I use sea salt)
1 teas garlic powder (yeah, I know I use 2 kinds)

Brown your ground beef. While doing that add all ingredients to a big pot. Add browned ground beef (which you have already drained) and simmer for an hour or so. Add sour cream and shredded cheese to top and it's a very good sweet chili!

As I said on my home page I would probably next time use 1/4 cup less sugar and add a little more chili seasoning or cumin. I like mine a little spicier but I did the sweet for my husband.
Enjoy! To go back to the blog, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one!